Preparations are already well underway for the exodus of Riot Games from Oceania, with the giant Nautilus statue dropped during Ocean Week in 2016 among a number of rare OPL items going under the hammer in the coming weeks.
Sources close to the situation revealed to Fireball Esports the public will soon have a chance to land themselves a piece of Oceanic history.
After a “thorough” internal investigation carried out by the Torchin’ Oceania division, Riot Games has announced their decision to axe the Oceanic region. Sources close to the internal taskforce suggested their magic eight-ball landed on “unsustainable” for the front-facing reason.
In order to make further cost saving moves, many of the artifacts of Oceanic League of Legends will be placed up for auction, including the artificial reef shaped like popular champion Nautilus which was dropped into the sea as part of Ocean Week celebrations some years ago.
The Nautilus Statue will be auctioned off alongside other Oceanic artefacts.
These include the Tainted Minds’ undelivered air conditioner units (unopened, mint condition), and a snap-lock bag with broken pieces of lead marked “Rings of Integrity.”
Fireball Esports has compiled a list of these artefacts, which will be auctioned off over the next few weeks. The auctions are expected to culminate with the OPL’s Zack “Rusty” Pye going under the hammer as the last item in Riot Games’ shock clear-out.
All items set for auction
- Nautilus Artificial Reef Statue.
- Ocean Week Mural.
- Tainted Minds’ Air Conditioner Unit (mint condition).
- Discounted tickets for the League of Origin 2019 Final (1,000 quantity).
- A complete collection of Chiefs Esports Club Grand Final Victory VODs (unedited B&W originals).
- A copy of ‘Workplace Harassment for Dummies’.
- An empty bucket labelled “clips of rare7 alive on mid wave.”
- The VOD where Ceres’ Wukong actually carried so hard the game had to be remade.
- The Rings of Integrity.
- 7 match day wigs worn by Max “Atlus” Anderson.
- Miscellaneous hand puppets.
- Unread player reports (1,000,000 quantity).
- 120 additional Gravitas OPL contracts for the 2020 season.
- The lockbox with the good OPL tweets, untouched since Loz left.
- OCS caster progression.
- The actual Oceanic Challenger Series.
- Phantiks’ second-place medals, still cried into.
- Legacy EGym jerseys, still cried into.
- A framed copy of Plundering the Rift – OPL Tops Talk Gangplank.
- Zack “Rusty” Pye.
For more content and the latest breaking esports news, be sure to follow Fireball on Twitter.